Saturday, May 5, 2012

Rhubarb and Strawberries

My dad gave me some rhubarb
plants from one of his rental houses.

They had to be dug up 
and transplanted so today
I took Chloe and went to 
get the plants.

If you look closely in our box of
rhubarb plants you can see some
strawberry plants.  

I dug them up too ....
telling Chloe I would ask 
forgiveness later if my dad 
had plans for them.

Ended up going back a 

second time with Lois ...
and getting around 
70 strawberry plants 
which had to be planted 
in the garden right away.  

Ugh ... I am sore tonight ... 

and wonder how I'll

manage to get up and going tomorrow ! ! !

          So here are the rather wilted, 


transplanted rhubarb plants.

That sweet tiller in the background

was purchased by Jeremy.

When he bought it --

he definitely was speaking

his wife's 'love language'!


And here are three rows

of the transplanted strawberry plants.


My neighbor and I 

are thinking about 

composting 

but that will be another blog!


Just think of what

wonderfully rich

soil we can make!!


(Lois, that container looks just

like those things Jeremy

cut off in your yard ?!?!)




2 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Nice! They look really healthy. I transplanted alot about 5-6 years ago and they just haven't taken off. I then bought a new plant several years ago, that's bigger then the rest. Still slow to get bigger ea. year.
If you want some good compost.. I always have lots of Chicken manure (it's supposed to be really good stuff!) lol....
I like these garden posts!

kathy said...

hmmm.... thats discouraging .... that the transplanted berries didn't produce! How would we get the 'chicken manure'? Put little bags on the chickens? or follow after them with a pooper scooper? maybe composting isn't so bad - huh?