Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow ....?

Jeshanah watering after the 'plant'
Lois is working on a garden.

and I'm trying to help. 

When I was young ..... 

I loved gardening.  Think I got it from my

"Gramma Green" who lived in Sabin, MN and

had the absolutely most wonderful 

garden around. She taught me how to weed.

How to thin the carrots and how to

put "dried blood"  (YUCK) around the plants

to keep the rabbits out!  But it works ~ and is not a pesticide!
.


Samuel was a big help in making 

and then pounding in all the stakes for the rows.

Can you tell which vegis he is going to eat???

Chloe was a big help too by covering up

all those tiny seeds after they were

placed gently in the ground.

And Lydia ... this sweet girl, without being told,

went in and got ice water for us all ... it was a hot afternoon.

Jeshanah helped too ... maybe she will be the 

daughter that shares my love of gardening ?!?!  

Maybe not!


I use to always plant 'Big Boy' tomato

plants.  Was looking for them and found

'Better Boy'.  OK I'm game.  Technology

has progressed ... why not tomato plants.

We will see how they do!






Sam and Chloe went to the lake with us

to help mow and trim the bushes by the door.

Love to see these kiddos working ~ and having fun doing it!!









No comments: