Wednesday, May 9, 2012

God Breathed ~ Every Word !

When I was a kid ......

I  had some wonderful, old ladies
as my Sunday School teachers.
Miss Pierson, Mrs Westlund, 
Miss Otteson, Mrs Dahlgren.

They have gone on to be 
with our LORD.
But they taught me something 
 w r o n g
all those years ago in 
Sunday School.


They taught me that the 
"words in red" 
in the Bible, were the most important words.


The words in red are important ... but equally important
are all of the rest of the words of the Bible.


I know the thoughts of these dear old ladies.
They were thinking that the words the LORD Jesus himself spoke,
deserved higher importance ... but that is not what
we read in the Scriptures.


In the first few verses of Galatians, Paul goes to great lengths to prove his Apostleship, 
his authority to the readers.  He needed to prove to them
that the things he was telling them were true and from God ...
not just his words.


Paul as well as Peter and John wrote New Testament
 Epistles with authority ... authority from God Himself.


The apostles were speaking TO the church
not on behalf of the church.
Their words were divinely inspired ...
and were to be read, listened to and obeyed.


We must always remember 
that the churches got their doctrine 
from the apostles, 
who got it directly from the LORD.


All of Scripture is 'God breathed' 
whether it was through the Prophets, the Apostles or the LORD Himself.


So, no more 'red letter edition' for me ! !


Every word, every jot, every tittle
is from the heart of my God ... 

No comments: