Monday, January 3, 2011

What is THAT ?


Jeshanah and I have a little cleaning business together.  We clean & she gets paid! 
Works good for both of us!  
The house we were cleaning last week is owned by the man who was the principal
at Moorhead High School when I was in High School!  So you know that this couple is
well, kinda old.  They have some strange things in their house! 
Anyway last week when we were cleaning we found this
'thing' pictured above laying on the counter.  I picked it up and she asked, "what is THAT"?
I said, "it's a typewriter eraser".  She said whats a typewriter?   After explaining that is is 
just an old fashioned keyboard...she understood and then wondered how it could be an eraser.
I showed her how it turned like a wheel and then had a little brush attached to brush off all
the little 'eraser debris'.  She agreed that folks of yesteryear were so creative!
Reminded me of the time when one of my other daughters saw an old fashioned 'dial' phone at my parents house and was wondering how it worked! 

"Invention is the mother of necessity."



No comments: