Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Eddy Turns THREE

Since Myron and I will be out of town when Eddy has his birthday party we went early to party with him.  On the drive out there I was reminded of the day of his birth and the LORD's protection over Jared, Jill and their kiddos.

Jill was on her way in for her scheduled C section, with the three girls all strapped safely in their car seats, when she hit a patch of ice and ended up in a pretty deep ditch.....thankfully to the LORD.....the ditch was very full of snow. Everyone was ok.  It was a scary time but another instance of God's sovereign care in our lives.  

Here is a picture of Jared, attempting to light three little birthday candles with a TORCH!!  Jill soon found some matches.


Eddy was fascinated by the candles as they kept coming back on and on and on and on.  After many laughs and lots of spit we finally put them out with water.




Eddy is our very special 10th grandchild. (And every one of them is VERY special!)

Thanks for the fun time and the memories!  

We love you Eddy!!

2 comments:

Malaika M said...

You look just gorgeous with your little grandson. Happy birthday to him.
Missed seeing you at WR- hope to see you soon

Jessica Miller said...

I can't believe he is three already! I remember when you were my counselor and you told us that one of your kids was expecting again and you would not tell us which one (even though we didn't know any of them). Then after camp was over and he was born you sent me a picture and he was so cute! Funny how I remember this, I think it's just because the name Eddy stands out to me.