Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday .... funnies


After many years of faithful use
my curling iron quit heating.
When I buy something my thought process goes something like this.
If I just use it once in a while.....I can buy any kind.
However, if it is something I use every day
I like to make sure I am getting the best for our hard earned dollar.
So after researching products I decided to buy a 
"Hot Tools" curling iron.

My mother in law needed a new one also....so I bought two.
It looks nice.  It works well.  The spring is nice and tight.  
It heats up fast.  The temperature dial is easy to see and to set.
Perfect.  It was a little more than a Wal Mart curling iron but
I was willing to pay a bit more as I will be using it almost every day.

I sat down to read the directions and it told me all the normal
things you would expect to read about something electrical.
Like ---------
 Don't leave it unattended when plugged in. 
(Who would do that !??!)
Turn off the switch when not in use.   
Use only for intended purpose.
Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug.

Then there were several surprising instructions:

THIS CURLING IRON IS HOT WHEN IN USE.
(Really ? ? ... )
 DO NOT LET EYES AND BARE SKIN TOUCH HEATED SURFACES.
(I must not have read those instructions when I burned my forehead AND my fingers!)
  
But the one that really got me laughing was this.

NEVER USE WHILE SLEEPING!!

I will keep that in mind while using my new curling iron!




2 comments:

The Roli Poli's said...

Hi! This is Jana! found your blog and enjoyed reading a lot of your posts. Very encouraging to me! I can't believe they really have to say do not use while in bed!!!!!!! I definitely got the giggles reading this post :)

Malaika M said...

That is too funny!!! I'm still trying to figure out how people would use that while they are sleeping! hehe
I totally agree with spending a bit more if you are going to be using it all the time. The cheap ones break so much quicker and easier. Someone once said to divide the price of the product by the number of uses. With a curling iron it might even be just a couple of cents for each use! Good deal if you ask me :)