Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011



Myron and I have been together for almost
40 Valentines Days.
Whew...thats a lot!
February 14, 1972 Myron gave me a little pocket sized Bible.
It was a very special gift .... I recently gave the Bible to one of my girls.
The binding is broken, the leather cracked and the snap loose,
BUT the Words have not changed or faded...NOT ONE BIT!
And we still try to live by those same WORDS!

He has given me many gifts over the years,
some I remember, others have long been forgotten.

But tonight,
in our 'old love'
(means somebody married 25 years or more !?)
or maybe just because we are too impatient to wait in any restaurant lines
We went to the grocery store together and purchased
our Valentine Dinner ......

Deli Chicken (ummm it's so moist)
Gourmet Potato Salad (with eggs)
Bean Casserole (just  like his momma makes!)
(cuz I only use one kind of bean and she uses 3)

A red candle


A glass of ice cold Diet Cherry Zero

A fire going in the fireplace

And a Walton's Movie.

It was a great evening.
After the movie we talked a little.
About the 'good ole days'.    
And about the present days.

We are steadfastly devoted to one another.
I am grateful for the knowledge of being Myron's one and only woman.
Grateful for the knowledge that we serve an Awesome God -- together!
Grateful that we will spend all our days
appointed unto us together on this earth.
Grateful that we will be spending Eternity together ---
with the ONE who brought us together!

We topped off our evening by making
Home made Vanilla Ice Cream
in our wonderful little Cuisinart Speedy Ice Cream Maker!




1 comment:

The Roli Poli's said...

I love having older couples who are still in love and enjoying marriage to look up to. Praise the Lord for 40 Valentines!! I can't wait to see if the Lord allows me to see that many with Aaron. Thank you for having a marriage that is a testimony!