Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thankful For

Today I am thankful for so many things.

I am thankful for the God of Peace and I am thankful for the Peace of God.
As I get older sometimes I wonder what life will bring.....
But I have many great promises given to me by my loving Heavenly Father.

This verse from Hebrews 13:5,  reads the same frontwards and backwards!!

"I will Never Leave Thee Nor Forsake Thee"

"Thee Forsake Nor Thee Leave Never Will I"
Hebrews 13:5

Then there is the promise.....

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed  on Thee...."

Reminds me of a very old hymn that has become very precious to me.


Sweet is the promise, "I will not forget thee;"
Nothing can molest or turn my soul away
E'en thro the night be dark within the valley
Just beyond is shining an eternal day

I will not forget thee or leave thee
In my hands I'll hold thee, in my arms I'll fold thee
I will not forget thee or leave thee
I am thy Redeemer, I will care for thee

Trusting the promise, "I will nto forget thee."
Onward will I go with songs of joy and love
Tho' earth despise me, tho' my friends forsake me
I shall be remembered in my home above

When at the golden portals I am standing
All my tribulations, all my sorrows past
How sweet to hear the blessed proclamation
"Enter, faithful servant, welcome home at last



by Charles H. Gabriel



1 comment:

Malaika M said...

Really needed to be reminded of this today!
Thank you sooo much for sharing!!