Saturday, February 5, 2011

Perfectionist ... I am NOT !

I make NO claim to be a perfectionist.
You can ask any of my girls about this....
or probably anybody that knows me.
This shirt would NOT have been worn in my home,
by any of my girls.
In my book not being a perfectionist sets me free 
from having to do things in a nearly perfect way.

I like things the way I like things.....but I don't have to have them perfect!

Three of our fourteen amazing grandchildren are staying
with us for a few days.  This keeps me on my toes.  I am enjoying each day with them.

Anyway, I was just brushing my teeth getting ready to leave for work day at the chapel this morning.
I saw, out of the corner of my eye, a little six year old named Chloe.....
standing in the middle of my bed....with her socks on.  
Usually this would not be any big deal but we are in the middle
of a construction project and there is construction dust, sheet rock dust, saw dust....everywhere. 
In other words.....our socks are dirty 
just from walking on the floors here.
When I suggested maybe she get down she replied 
that she would like to help me out 
by making my bed for me.  
Wow! What a sweet thing to do for her gramma!
I asked her if she thought she could do it from the floor
and she thought she could.

When she got done making the bed.....
the "lines" on the spread are not straight and are not exactly
where I put them when I make the bed.
  There are wrinkles on the top.
The pillows are not 'rolled over' as I do it.
But the made bed is a sweetness to me that
I almost cannot describe.
I was not even tempted for one little second to remake that bed.
I grabbed my little Chloe and thanked her
for her kind sweetness to me.

Not even if I were a perfectionist would I
want to change the way she made my bed.

It is one of those "moments" to hide in my heart ..... forever on earth!

Chloe
Thank you Chloe, for your sweetness to me.
I pray that you will always have a sweet spirit
and that you will always want to please others,
 but especially the LORD Jesus.


3 comments:

Malaika M said...

That is soo sweet of Chloe! No way is she already nine!!

kathy said...

Sorry Malaika...Chloe is six...soon to be seven!!

Jessica Miller said...

Oh she is so sweet to do that for you! I bet it's nice being with all of your grandkids! I know I love to be with my grandma and help her in any way I can.