Sunday, February 6, 2011

HAPPY 11th BIRTHDAY - LINDSEY !!


Today is Lindsey's Birthday.

I remember very clearly the day, 
eleven years ago, when she was born.
Lindsey was the very first grandchild
 to be born to me.
I remember thinking how weird
 and how wonderful it was
 to be holding
a child of MY child.  Whoa.....
 Every last  grandchild

IS VERY SPECIAL.
But somebody has to be first in everything!
I will never forget the memories of that day!

I've watched Lindsey in her  swimming lessons,
playing softball and cooking and whatever she does
she does whole heartedly!!

The other day I saw she had crocheted a sweet little hat 
for her sisters doll.
I asked where she got the pattern.  She said, 
"Gramma, you don't need a pattern just to make a hat."  
But I do!!
And so, as Lindsey continues to mature and grow into a lovely young lady.....
my prayer for her is from Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, in word or deed,
do everything in the Name of the LORD Jesus,
giving thanks to God..."

Happy Birthday Lindsey.....I love you with all my heart ! !

3 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

gramma thanks for the birthday post,i was wondering why mom took a picture of me in the car ride home from buadette..... with dads phone. i'm so thankful to have you for a grandma!....miss you and love you. LINDSEY

Jessica Miller said...

I love reading about all your grandchildren! They all sound so wonderful!

kathy said...

Hey Jess....thanks for commenting....you have been 'lurking' waaayy tooo long. How bout some of you coming to our Youth Conference next weekend. I would have room for you at my house??? Read about it
here http://www.meadowridgebiblechapel.org/2011-youth-conference-mailer

and let me know if you can come!!
Its always a great time!!