Saturday, December 1, 2012

BEST mother in law ... Hands down

Myron's mom came for a visit.

Besides being the

BEST mother in law,

she is a good gramma

to my kids and a 

good great gramma

to my grandkids!


Her family has grown

so much.  

I think she said there

were about 70 now from

her 7 kids.


It was fun having her 

with us for several weeks

over Thanksgiving.




We did a lot of things ....

We rang the 

Salvation Army Bell together.

We shopped.  On Black Friday!

We watched movies.

We went to the

Christmas Parade.

We delivered

Christmas Child Boxes.


We peeled potatoes,

almost 20 pounds of them,

for Thanksgiving ...

and she almost cut off her finger.

But she got out of

peeling the rest of them!


We cleaned windows ...

as she always helps me do

when she comes.

One of my favorite memories of

long ago times concerning my MIL 

is ... when I was just a young

mom and we would go to

Stanley, ND for a visit to

see g'ma and g'pa my little

kiddos would stand at her

patio door and get slobber and

fingerprints and lip prints

all over the glass.  

(You have to know

that my MIL is a 'cleanie'.)

Being a good daughter in law ...

I would always try to 

clean the glass on the 

door before I left.

After all, they hadn't had 

any young children in their 

home for many years.


 She would always

stop me from cleaning the glass,

saying, "when you leave I

sit and look at all those finger

prints and remember all

 those little kids!"

And ... maybe ... sometimes ...

she even cried.


Now that's a treasure of a mother in law!!


I, personally, have never understood

all the jokes about MILs.

Because mine is a 

treasure to me!


Below is a picture of my mother in law
with some of her great grand children.
Briann, Cody and Sydney are missing from the pic.



1 comment:

Jeshanah said...

She may be the best mother in law but YOU are th best mother:)