Saturday, November 26, 2011

DO YOU KNOW .....

What year Theodore Roosevelt died ? ?




When the prohibition of alcoholic beverages took effect under the 18th amendment to the constitution ? ?



When the United Parcel Service was formed ? ?





When the first 
international air mail service 
from Seattle WA to Victoria BC was ? 

All of these things happened in the year ..........

                                              1919


But more important than these events 
was an obscure birth to
 Julius and Nickilena Peterson
in Fargo, ND.


My  dad  was  born
on October 24, 1919

Dad to me, but Dave, David, Pete, Grandpa or Great Grandpa
to many others!

That was 92 years ago...

His life has been full.  His life has been busy.  
He is a little slower these days......but.....
he still climbs up on things, 
he still drives himself around, 
he still shops ALL the local grocery stores
for the best bargains,
he still tackles repair projects most people would have 
NO IDEA how to fix let alone have the ability to fix.

And ... he still sits at the head of the table for every Taco Tuesday. 


A tradition our family has enjoyed for many years!


But better than all of these activities....


he says he still prays for me and my family EVERY DAY


That is a huge blessing to me.
Dad with his bride of 61 years
My mom and dad .... 


truly one of God's rich blessings in my life.










I love you, dad


and pray you enjoy 


every single one of the days 


our LORD has planned out for you!!



No comments: