Saturday, December 4, 2010

P L I O N E X I A - - - do you have it??

This posting was a good "heart check" for me today. Read it and see what you think.  It is so easy to 'want' and think we 'need' so much this time of year.

So what is it you are coveting?  I have to admit.....I want an Ipad.  I think I have earned one (I have a little business which makes a little money). I think I deserve one (I work hard & don't buy too much for myself).  To this my husband replied ... "you don't NEED that."  I can hardly believe (it was a reminder to me of what my heart really is) what came out of my mouth.  I said "but I WANT it."  And I said it in front of other people.  I have plionexia, which doesn't sound too bad because nobody knows what it is.  But I coveted!  And that is sin!

"Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be  any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting."

Psalm 139:23 

No comments: