Thursday, December 9, 2010

Making my list....

Tomorrow.....(and if I don't hurry .... later today) we will do our annual Christmas Baking!  I'm sure all the girls have made their choices, prepared their doughs, and are sound asleep.....so they can get up EARLY on Friday and get busy on the baking.

My choices:  These Melting Moment Crescent Cookies which I plan to dip 1/2 of the cookie in high quality chocolate.

I am into making REAL Fudge...the kind where you choose a base, choose a helper, make a slurry, boil the evaporated milk & sugar to soft ball stage (234*), add the butter and then cast in into a pan!! No more 5 minute frosting fudge for me!! . You can learn all about making REAL Fudge here.  If you follow the directions closely your fudge will turn out mouth wateringly PERFECT.  Creamy....chocolately......smooth......


I will also be making Chocolate Covered Potato Chips.  These are best when you use the Wavy Lays and also good quality chocolate like Ghiradeli.  They dry very shiny & look and taste beautiful.  

Jill is making her list too.  I will decide what other goodies to make in the morning.

1 comment:

Malaika M said...

Sounds like a fun day!! I hope you enjoyed your time together