Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ponderings In Philippians

Enjoying the book of Philippians. A small but mighty letter to some very dear friends of the apostle Paul. Philippians talks much about devotedness. We don't hear that word too much any more. The dictionary defines if as "consecrated to a purpose; strongly attached; zealous; devout." That would be Paul's desire for the Philippian saints....and the LORD'S desire for me and for each and every saint! It also talks alot about practical Christian living......or what the day to day walk of a "Christ follower" should be like. As I compare myself to what Philippians says...I fall far short. But in chapter 3 verse 14, we are enncouraged to "press on toward the goal".

As I journey Philippians I hope my heart is stirred to be more consecrated, more strongly attached, more zealous toward my LORD Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks for the post!! Philippians is one of my favorite books. Hope there are many more posts on it! :)