Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hamen …. Hiss….Boo…Stomp

 

Back to the book of Esther!  I have been thinking about Hamen.  He was a wicked, sinful man.  Thinking nothing of the true God and thinking EVERYTHING of himself.  I am wicked and sinful too BUT I have been redeemed by the blood of my Savior, the LORD Jesus Christ. I am not sinless…..but hopefully, as I grow in my walk with the Savior….I sin less!   Hamen would hear nothing of the true God. Thus, this man will spend eternity in hell. I on the other hand, wait with joy to spend eternity with my Savior.  It is a fun and interesting thing to note that each year the Jews celebrate the Feast of Purim to remember how Esther saved the Jewish race.  It is a time of great celebration and feasting and starts out with the reading of the book of Esther.  Each time they come to the name of Hamen, the people hiss, boo and stomp their feet to blot out even the sound of his name.  This year, about March 14, we are going to celebrate the Feast of Purim in our house (get all those Jewish costumes ready for the g’kids!) and read thru the book of Esther…..hissing and booing each time the name of   _ _ _ _ _  is pronounced.  What a great reminder this is of my sin…..O that I would hiss and boo when sin comes creeping or roaring into my life.   Does my sin matter to my God.  Absolutely it does.   So if you hear me hissing…….and booing…..know that I am not loosing my mind…..but saying NO to sin!!

 

5 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Fun! What a neat memory to make..you are such a wonderful grandma! We sure appreciate ALL you do for our family! That is interesting to learn too, I didn't know that!

Lois said...

I "second" what Jill says...we and our kids are so blessed! Good thoughts--as I read them I thought that about how when I "Boo, Hiss, or Stomp" many times it's because I want MY OWN WAY and I am sinning. What a good lesson it should be that when we "Boo, Hiss, or Stomp it should be NOT IN SIN but to GET RID OF SIN. Visual lessons like these stick with the kids for life. Thanks for the thoughts and idea.

kathy said...

Just to clarify......I will host the Feast of Purim Party in March with the g'kids. I have some fun plans formulating in my mind. March 13-14 is a weekend so mark your calendars and make some plans with your lovely husbands...or your manly man!!

Lois said...

I was just wondering....is this for the kids who are out of diapers again? Because if it is I will work really hard potty training Lydia! :-)

kathy said...

Lydia can probably hiss and boo just as good as the rest! But, yes, no diapers for the Pruim Party!!