Thursday, December 4, 2008

Countdown to baking.....3...2...1


Each year we Martinson girls, and now a Rockhold girl, get together to do our Christmas Baking. Tomorrow is the BIG day. We have had some great times. Lois use to wear some long dangly light up earrings. And Jill and Katie some reindeer antlers! As I think back I wonder what we were thinking.......9 month, 10 month, and 12 month old infants....left in the care of a 3 year old with us ladies baking away in the kitchen, which is not visible to the living room where the chlidren were. Amid the confusion and the mess...we have made some wonderful memories! I don't think any of us will forget Jill's peanut brittle. Or Katie's "special little muffin tins" that we buy more of each year!

Here is a picture of some of the kids eating their lunch last at last year's Christmas Bake Off!!




3 comments:

Lois said...

I have lots of fun memories of baking together. I remember the very first time--JoAnna and I decided we were going to make it memorable (we didn't realize we wouldn't need "outfits" to make it memorable. All we need is peanut brittle :-))...Anyway, we went to some thrift stores to pick out some of the ugliest Christmas stuff ever. Now after the many years I am forgetting about being festive and going for comfort! I am bringing my Crocs (so you won't see my socks anyway--and I can't wear those blinking earrings because they were so heavy with a battery in them they hurt my ears. Check out my blog and you can see what I am going to make. See you all tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Just found you via Jill's blog. Hope you're doing well, and enjoying the Christmas season!

Katie said...

Ok, so now Jill's cherry tassies have to go down in the history books, but I gotta say that I had plenty of the "mistakes" and they were/are delicious! Think I need to make a run to the freezer come to think of it! :) Thanks for the encouraging blogs, I appreciate them!