Saturday, November 10, 2012

Never ... Never ... Never

Given through Moses to the children of Israel:

Deuteronomy 31:6
"Be strong and courageous. 
Do not fear or be in dread of them,
for it is the LORD your God 
who goes with you.
He will not leave you or forsake you."


Given to Joshua:

Deuteronomy 31:8
".... He will be with you; 
He will not leave you or forsake you. 
 Do not fear or be dismayed."

Joshua 1:5
"I will not leave you or forsake you."

To Jacob:
Genesis 28:15
"Behold, I am with you and will keep you
wherever you go ... for I will not leave you until 
I have done what I have promised you."

David passes on the promise to Solomon:

1 Chronicles 28:20
" ... He will not leave you or forsake you,
 until all the work for the service of the house is finished"

To faithful Israelites:

Isaiah 41:17
"I the God of Israel will not forsake them."


To believers in the LORD Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 13:5-6
"I will never leave you nor forsake you."

This last verse actually has 5 negatives in the Greek language.
It could be read something like this:

I will never, never leave the,
and never, never, never forsake thee."


Now if that's not an exceeding 

GREAT and PRECIOUS

promise .... I don't know what is !!