Sunday, April 15, 2012

Guess who is 9 X 7 - 3 ???

Today just happens to be the BIRTHDAY
of the man I love.

His  60th Birthday!

Can . You . Believe . It .
 I . Can . Not

I thought I loved him when we married
all those years ago ... 
and in many ways, I did.

But our love has changed and grown.



Hard times, job changes, 
disappointment in people,
children, homeschooling,
dad dying, teenagers, vehicles,
weddings, grandchildren ... 
all these life experiences 
mold us and make us into who we become!

I am so thankful to the LORD 
that He brought Myron and I together.
My prayer is that we will continue to 
serve Him together all of our lives.

Some people call this stage in life ~~ Empty Nest.
It sounds like such a sad time of life.
Thankfully, our nest is not yet empty ...
we are so happy to still have Jeshanah at home.
 I like to think of this time of life as 
"Prime Time" 
and I'm going to live it to its fullest,
glorifying the LORD, 
with the man I love !!


We recently returned from a very
exciting trip to Israel so I'm
posting pictures of Myron and I 
from the trip.

Most of them are from our 
amazing 'trip photographer' ~  Allison Rockhold!
Love all the pictures, Allison.  Thanks! 

In these two pictures

we are walking from the 

Mount of Olives to

Gethsemane.

Our days were full of visiting

many sights and hearing teaching

relevant to each sight from the Word.

John Heller and Steve Price

did the teaching.






We visited Nazareth Village

which is a working community set up to be like the

village of Nazareth was when the LORD Jesus

lived there.

Here "Yosef" is showing Myron how

to drill a hole ... long before Makita

or Craftsman were invented.

 
 We spent quite a bit of time around the

Sea of Galilee area.

This is close to the place where the

LORD Jesus called the disciples 

to leave their nets and follow Him.

We went on a very peaceful

boat ride on the Sea.


I can see how it would be a 

favorite place for the LORD

Jesus to be.  The first day we were there

it was so clam and still.

We were able to view it several days

later when it was windy and there were 

pretty big waves on it.






This is the Jordan River.

We enjoyed a good challenge

from the Word of God here.






 Masada was one of Myron's 

favorite places ...

can you tell by his smile ???

I can....

I'm still digesting all the

historical information we learned here.

If you wanna know more  about this

place watch the movie "Masada"

It's on our 'to do' list.






 This is near the Mediterranean Sea.

In Israel there is lush green fields

and dry, dusty dessert.


 What a thrill it was

to view Old Jerusalem.

One day our LORD will

set His feet there again.

I can't wait!!


Had to put a 'bus' picture in.

We spent a lot of time on the bus

and it was fun getting to 

know new friends.

Our driver was good ~~

sometimes a bit scary!
Myron noticed this man working
inside a 'cave' as we walked along.
He didn't know ANY English but was
proud to have his picture taken.
Can you tell what he was making in
his wood shop?  Caskets!










Hard to believe that Israel would

have an entire Restaurant devoted

to this American 'idol'.  

It was a very busy place but had

the cheapest hot chocolate!

Hot Chocolate  -  $3.00

Mug  -  FREE !!


This is a sunrise

over the Sea of Galilee.

I think Allison got up real early 

to get that shot.






We don't know what the year 

ahead holds for us ...

but as I have told you before

in the words 


of 

                                 Winnie the Pooh ......


“If you live to be a hundred, 

I want to live to be a hundred minus one day 

so I never have to live without you.” 


Of course I know that our times are in His hands ....

and I am very thankful for that.

I LOVE YOU, MYRON,  WITH ALL MY HEART !!!

1 comment:

rachland said...

Happy birthday Myron!
Fun to see these pictures! Hope you have a great birthday today, and a great year ahead growing always more like our Lord Jesus!
Love, Rachel