Monday, January 12, 2009

Job …. “there was a man….”

Before I get to some thoughts from the book of Job, I will tell you that I am enjoying 6 of my precious grandkids today. Lydia and Sydney are just finishing up a “gramma” lunch which consisted of frozen pizza, french fries, cheese sticks and nutritious yogurt! Samuel and Alyssa are playing a game of Battleship and Chloe and Cody are playing a game of Candy Land with Jeshanah. It is so much fun being a gramma to these kids. It keeps me on my toes……both physically and spiritually…..for these children need the prayers and influence of godly grandparents.

Which brings me to some thoughts on the book of Job from this morning.

We read, “There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and enschewed evil.” We can see that Job was likely ‘perfect’ because he feared God. He was likely ‘upright’ because he enschewed or avoided evil. Wow! What a challenge for me to be daily fearing God and avoiding evil. Was thinking…how do I do this from day to day?

jan 09 005To ‘fear God’ is to have

* the acute awareness of the presence of God & His power that produces in me a sense of awe and calls forth from me honor, respect

and reverence. I want to properly ‘fear’ God in all of my life. I need to be daily in His presence acknowledging His attributes, reveling in His majesty and trusting in His power.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thank you so much for being the godly grandma that you are. The kids are always begging to go to your house, and they love the lunches too! Mom doesn't provide the variety grandma does!! :) Thanks you for fearing the Lord and showing that to the kids and us, we love you!